This is the home page for the virtual consultation “Advancing the Catalogue of the World’s Natural History Collections”. GBIF is leading this as part of the European Commission-funded SYNTHESYS+ project.
Throughout the period of the consultation (17-29 April), we will provide regular updates on the status of the discussions - these are accessible here.
About the consultation
- The consultation process - understand how the consultation will be run
- View the first and second preparatory webinars
- The coordination team
- Open discussion of the process - add your thoughts here
- Ideas Paper - also available in Spanish, French and Simplified Chinese
- Contributed presentations and other materials - review these before the consultation to understand some of the significant components that already exist
- Global Registry of Scientific Collections - Introduction
- Index Herbariorum - Perspectives of a Long-standing Collection Catalogue
- TDWG Collection Descriptions Data Standard Task Group
- CETAF and DiSSCo Collections Registry
- GBIF Services and Support for the Collections Catalogue
- Atlas of Living Australia Collectory
- 10 Recommendations from DiSSCo
- The Specifications of Earth Science Collections (CETAF)
- Daily summary updates - published here throughout the consultation
- Integrated summary - all daily summaries combined
Contribute to the following discussions. Hover over each topic to preview the questions for discussion.