Another month, another diverse range of research supported by GBIF-mediated data.
A big haul this month, with 71 peer-reviewed uses, with highlights from below including the first citation from The Lancet on global hotspots for snakebite envenoming, a massive international collaboration on the BioTIME dataset (which includes many GEO BON colleagues) and an fascinating synthesis of evidence- and expert opinion-based modelling on Mexican primates whose co-authors include Mexico’s head of delegation, Patricia Koleff, of CONABIO.
- Calixto-Pérez E, Alarcón-Guerrero J, Ramos-Fernández G et al. (2018) Integrating expert knowledge and ecological niche models to estimate Mexican primates’ distribution. Primates. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10329-018-0673-8 Author countries: Mexico, Spain
- Castellanos-Morales G, Paredes-Torres LM, Gámez N et al. (2018) Historical biogeography and phylogeny of Cucurbita : insights from ancestral area reconstruction and niche evolution. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ympev.2018.07.016 Author country: Mexico Biogeography
- Ceschin S, Abati S, Ellwood NTW & Zuccarello V (2018) Riding invasion waves: Spatial and temporal patterns of the invasive Lemna minuta from its arrival to its spread across Europe. Aquatic Botany. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquabot.2018.06.002 Author country: Italy
+. Dornelas M, Antão LH, Moyes F et al. (2018) BioTIME: A database of biodiversity time series for the Anthropocene. Global Ecology and Biogeography. https://doi.org/10.1111/geb.12729 Author countries: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United States, Viet Nam
- Fitzpatrick MC & Ellison AM (2018) Estimating the exposure of carnivorous plants to rapid climatic change. Oxford Scholarship Online. https://doi.org/10.1093/oso/9780198779841.003.0028 Author country: United States
- Hernández-Quiroz NS, Badano EI, Barragán-Torres F, Flores J & Pinedo-Álvarez C (2018) Habitat suitability models to make conservation decisions based on areas of high species richness and endemism. Biodiversity and Conservation. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10531-018-1596-9 Author country: Mexico
- Longbottom J, Shearer FM, Devine M et al. (2018) Vulnerability to snakebite envenoming: a global mapping of hotspots. The Lancet. https://doi.org/10.1016/s0140-6736(18)31224-8 Author countries: United Kingdom, Switzerland, United States, Australia
- Magona N, Richardson DM, Le Roux JJ, Kritzinger-Klopper S & Wilson JRU (2018) Even well-studied groups of alien species might be poorly inventoried: Australian Acacia species in South Africa as a case study. NeoBiota. https://doi.org/10.3897/neobiota.39.23135 Author country: South Africa
- Moreira TCL, Amato-Lourenço LF, da Silva GT et al. (2018) The Use of Tree Barks to Monitor Traffic Related Air Pollution: A Case Study in São Paulo–Brazil. Frontiers in Environmental Science. https://doi.org/10.3389/fenvs.2018.00072 Author country: Brazil