Absences and how they fit in the new model

For what it is worth - in https://globalbioticinteractions.org/ - there’s a way to support and refute interaction claims.

So, when applied to interactions, you can express stuff like:

Cat eats mouse is supported by observation made on 2022-10-06 by Dr. Abbas in Cairo, Egypt.

Cat eats mouse is refuted by observation made on 1969-07-20 by Neil Armstrong on the moon. (cats and mice have not yet invaded the moon, and were not observed during the moon landing).

This method can also be used to document disagreements based on expert opinion.

I am sure that others have considered this topic and I am curious to hear their experience and inspect explicit examples/ use cases.

Related issues include - Refute interacton · Issue #552 · globalbioticinteractions/globalbioticinteractions · GitHub introduce presence/absence for interactions · Issue #562 · globalbioticinteractions/globalbioticinteractions · GitHub .

btw - what is the state of the “new” model? I am still curious to hear more about specific examples / real life use cases / responses to feedback (see e.g., Use Case: Biotic Interactions - Sottunga Island Melitaea cinxia Population Study - #2 by jhpoelen ).