What are the flags "Collection match fuzzy", "Collection match none", "Institution match fuzzy", "Institution match none" and how to remove them? - GBIF Data Blog

You are a data publisher of occurrence data through GBIF.org, care about your data quality, and wonder what to do about the issue flags that show up on your occurrences. You might have noticed a new type flag this year relating to collection and institution codes and identifiers. They are the result of our attempt at linking specimens records to our Registry of Scientific Collections (GRSciColl).

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://data-blog.gbif.org/post/grscicoll-flags/
1 Like

Thanks for sharing this post. I learned a lot about GBSciColl!

Very clearly written. I wish I had read this post prior to any related questions. This deserves a topic bump so more people will notice.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the info. Iā€™d have loved to read about what the flags actually represent though. A breakdown of the logic, functions, algorithms and computer languages that trigger the flags. Best Regards, Viv

See also