Our Plants collection has a number of records for separate parts of the same specimen/occurrence - for example, a fern that was too large for a single sheet and so has been cut up and mounted and stored separately.
How do I express the relationships between these records using ResourceRelationship? I can see three options:
1 object, 4 subjects
- /A is always the object, and then 4 rows with each of the others as the subject
- /A is explicitly connected to the others, and the /B to /C (etc) relationship is implicit
5 objects, 5 subject
- Each record gets 4 rows to relate it to the others explicitly
- A is object for B, C, D, E as subjects; B is object for A, C, D, E; C is object for A, B, D, E and so on
Same as above, but without repeats
- Assumes it doesn’t matter which is the subject or object since it’s the same plant
- A is object for B, C, D, E; B is only object for C, D, E; C is only object for D, E etc
How do people tend to structure these?